Our group runs are open to everyone. You don’t have to be a member. We extend a special invitation to runners visiting from out of town to come meet us. We run rain, snow, or shine, though all hope for shine!Mondays & Thursdays, 5:30 PM, Meet at Tower Hill School Track, Wilmington
For weeknight run attendance we have initiated a mailing list to coordinate participation. Sign up here if you want information on who is meeting where to run on Monday and Thursday evenings. It usually is at Tower Hill but occasionally we agree to some place else.
Saturdays, 7:30 AM, Alternate every other week between AI Dupont High School Front Parking Lot, Greenville, and
trail runs from the Jewish Community Center parking lot in North Wilmington. Check the training schedule for dates or
if you aren't sure. Generally these runs are 60 - 90 minutes.
A few notes about the attached training calendar.
On Monday and Thursday evenings we meet at the Tower Hill Track. We meet in the parking lot off of Tower Road adjacent to mid-field. We run from this point but do not currently have access to the track. See the training schedule for the current workout. The posted workouts are meant as a guide and are not absolute. Over the course of the year we mix up the schedule to include track interval workouts, hill repeats, tempo runs, and conversational easy recovery periods. In the first three cases, we typically run a 2-mile warm-up and a 2-mile cool-down. The total mileage each night is typically between 7 and 9 miles. You always have the option to skip part of the workout to shorten total mileage. We often have an A pace group that does the posted workout, and a B pace group that just goes out for an easy run. Please be sure to wear reflective clothing during the winter months. A headlamp is also a nice accessory!
The Saturday morning runs alternate between AI Dupont High School and a trail workout from the Jewish Community Center. The Saturday runs are typically 9-13 miles in length for most participants. Some people go as short as six miles. Others doing marathon training will run as far as 20 miles. We vary the route week-to-week between several beautiful courses on the back roads around Greenville, Centreville, Red Clay Creek, and the Brandywine Valley. The trail runs are a combination of easy cruising and technical single track with plenty of hills.
- Twaddell Mill Loop, 9.5 miles, 720 ft. total climb, Saturday staple
- Cossart Loop or alternate map, 12.9 miles, 830 ft. total climb, longer Saturday run
- Back Loop, 8.8 miles, 670 ft. total climb, one of our favorite Saturday routes
- Smith Bridge Loop, 10.9 miles, 750 ft. total climb, another Saturday staple
- Way Road Loop, 10.6 miles, 840 ft. total climb, challenging Saturday run
- Winterthur Loop, 8.8 miles, a highly scenic Saturday morning staple
- DRC 7-miler, 7.0 miles, 330 ft. total climb, normal Wednesday evening route
- Tower Hill Warm-up / Cool-down, 1.9 miles, 120 ft. total climb
- Westover Hills Loop, 4.1 miles, 180 ft. total climb, typical tempo. run route
- River Loop, 6.3 miles, 430 ft. total climb, typical Monday route
- Hagley Hill Climb, 1.0 miles up/down, 140 ft. total climb, used for hill workouts
- Art Museum Hill Loop, 1.3 miles, 120 ft. total climb, used for hill workouts
- Town and Country Loop, 12.3 miles, 800 ft. total climb, recent Saturday morning addition.